How can I locate my local Sales Representative?
Contact us or call Bee Line Customer Service at 800-728-7828.
Who do I call for Technical Help?
Contact Us or call Customer Service at 800-728-7828.
How do I order a replacement part for my Bee Line equipment?
Contact Us or call Bee Line Customer Service at 800-728-7828.
Computer Troubleshooting FAQ
What if I have programmed the head, but I am still getting an error saying the head code is wrong?
If you have programmed the head and you see a pop-up message that says that the head code version D1 is wrong, then the Photocell board (D1/D2) still needs to be programmed. To resolve this issue, go to the Wheel Units Status screen, and select PROGRAM ALL D1, D2 BOARDS.
What if I don’t know how to program the equipment?
The equipment includes a software disc with helpful information. If you don’t know how to program the equipment, go to the Wheel Units Status screen, and select WATCH PROGRAMMING VIDEO.
What if the laser tube is not programming or working correctly?
If the laser tube will not program or work correctly, there are several possible problems and corrective actions:
• If the laser won’t turn on, and the LED is off, then there is a bad cable between the head and tube or a bad connection. To resolve this issue, remove & reinstall the cable from both ends, and try to turn on the laser. If this is unsuccessful, swap the identical cable from the other head/tube, and try again.
• If the D1/D2 programming fails, this means one of two things:
- The software that was sent with the equipment was not loaded. To resolve this issue, load the software and reprogram everything. For additional assistance, watch the programming video located on the Wheel Unit Status screen.
- There is a bad head or laser tube. To determine which item is bad, plug the opposite head into the opposite laser tube, and try programming it again. If the laser tube programming is successful, then the head is bad. If the laser tube programming is unsuccessful, then the laser tube is bad. Call Bee Line for replacement or repair.
What if the laser beam is not hitting the other side?
If the laser beam is not hitting the other side, there are several possible problems and corrective actions:
• If no laser beam is coming out of the tube, then the attenuator is closed. To resolve this issue, open the attenuator.
• If the laser beam is above or below the opposite laser tube, this means one of two things:
- The camber is too high or low. To resolve this issue, right-click to access the Options menu, and select ROUGH IN CAMBER. Adjust the camber to an acceptable range, and continue with the alignment.
- The laser is out of adjustment. To resolve this issue, place the alignment heads on the calibration bar, and confirm that the lasers are centered vertically across the sensors. Adjust as necessary by adjusting the screws, as shown in Figure 24.
Adjust screw X to move the laser horizontally (left or right), and loosen
screw Y to move the laser vertically (up or down). (See Photo) You must manually move the laser. Recalibrate after each adjustment.
If the laser beam is hitting a tire or shooting off the end of the tube, then the wheel mount is mounted incorrectly. To resolve this issue, remount the wheel mount, and ensure that all lug nuts are the same size or that all claws are the same length.
NOTE: If lasers shoot to the center while on the calibration fixture, the error is on the truck or the wheel mount.
What if the heads or the tandem won’t hold power very long?
If the heads or the tandem won’t hold power very long after charging, then this is a sign that the battery may be bad. Call Bee Line Customer Service to order part #EPM835.
What if the heads, remote, inclinometer, or tandem will not communicate?
If the heads, remote, inclinometer, or tandem will not communicate, and the equipment is turned on, there are several possible problems and corrective actions:
- If the equipment is not recognized by the software, then the radio frequency is not synced. To resolve this issue, plug a regular 30’ cable into the wheel unit to synchronize the radios.
- If you keep getting an error saying that the head code version is wrong, then the equipment needs to be upgraded to be compatible with the software on the computer. If you just received a new piece of equipment, install the software and follow the programming instructions. Watch the programming video located in the video section.
What if the heads, remote, inclinometer, or tandem will not communicate or the programming fails?
If the programming fails for the heads, remote, inclinometer, or tandem, or if the heads do not show up, then this means one of two things:
• The heads are plugged into the charging station.
• The tandem/remote is plugged into the charging cord located on the back of the cabinet.
To resolve these issues, remove the affected items from the charging stations. Equipment cannot be programmed or communicate while it is charging.
What if the heads or tandem do not respond after being plugged in with the 30’ cord?
If you have plugged the heads or tandem in with the 30’ cord and the equipment is not responding, then the power cord is unplugged from the A/C interface. Check all power cords to and from the A/C interface box, and plug in any disconnected cords. Also, ensure serial cable is plugged in from AC Interface box to the PC.
What if my PC is only working intermittently?
If your PC only works intermittently, the following issues are common signs that your computer is dirty:
• The PC won’t boot up.
• The PC shuts down shortly after it boots up.
• The PC locks up.
To clean your PC, unplug it, and remove the cover. Blow it out with clean, shop-compressed air, and then reseat any internal cables. Replace the cover when finished.
When taking runout, the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock positions are off.
The system needs to be calibrated. Recalibrate your system and then perform runout again.
Have a Question?
We’re here to help. Head over to our question hub and get answers direct from our experts!Ask a Question